Provisional Integrated Rating Shannon Sibosado recently completed a swing onboard Transocean’s Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible Development Driller 1 (DD1).
During his swing he was involved in a successful rig move from M1 to M4 moving a 16-point mooring system, maintenance of the mooring equipment, as well as assisting the Engine Room in daily tasks.
Whilst on board Shannon was under supervision of Chief Mate, Rishai Pillai and completed some of the following tasks in alignment with his tag books:
1. Anchoring / mooring winch operation
2. Life saving appliance and firefighting appliance planned maintenance
3. Life boat equipment inspections
4. Needle gunning / painting
5. General seamanship skills for working as an Able Seafarer / Integrated Rating
6. Reviewed his task book for obtaining his Integrated rating qualification
7. Trained him with sounding void space
8. Bilge sensor checks
Shannon is now on the home stretch of his Traineeship with only one remaining swing to complete before he can qualify for his Integrated Rating certificate of proficiency.
On behalf of Shell & Kotug, Atlas Professionals would like to thank Transocean for providing training berths and supporting this successful Indigenous Trainee & Cadet Partnership Program.