5 August 2021
Atlas Professionals has been awarded funding for an Engineer Upskilling program starting in January 2022 as part of the EDSPDPA program with Inpex Australia. The EDSPDPA program is a commitment between Inpex and the maritime unions to train, upskill and develop the Australian maritime industry.
The funding is for two marine engineers who have an Engineering Watchkeeper Certificate of Competency and the required sea time to upskill to an Engineer Class 2 Certificate of Competency. The successful candidates will be enrolled in the Advanced Diploma of Maritime operations (Marine Engineer Class 2) for a period of 12 months.
Expression of interest
Atlas is seeking expressions of interest from Australian marine engineers who are looking to upskill their engineering qualifications and qualify as per the below:
- Candidates must hold an Engineer Watchkeeper (III/1) <3000kw and;
- Meet the pathway requirements to upskill to the Engineer Class 2 qualification (including holding 12+months sea time on ships greater than 750KW propulsion power) and;
- Hold a current AMSA medical and;
- Are an Australian resident currently living in Australia
The application process will run as follows:
- Seafarers to send expression of interest via email to email@example.com and will receive an Atlas Professionals project application form to complete
- Project application form to be submitted via email by Friday October 1st 2021.
- Successful applicants will be notified and will undergo Atlas company on-boarding process and enrolled in the course.
Atlas Professionals is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or veteran status, or to other non- work- related factors.
For more information regarding this program please contact Lara Taylor, Manager - Special Projects firstname.lastname@example.org.