This vacancy is no longer available
Atlas Professionals is an international leading recruitment company. Since 1982, Atlas has played a major role in the provision of professionals to a variety of industries worldwide.
About the client:
OMV New Zealand produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy, and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. In New Zealand OMV operates the Māui and Pohokura gas fields, as well as the Maari oil field, in Taranaki and continues to invest in developing these fields to extend the field life.
- OMV offer a competitive package including Superannuation, Medical Insurance, Transport Allowance and 5 weeks annual leave per year
- Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to their success
- Gain exposure and access to global technical expertise
- Work with diverse teams on interesting projects
About the role
Due to progression within the current team, we are seeking a Maintenance Technician with significant mechanical experience and aptitude. Working within the production function of OMV New Zealand and reporting directly to the Maintenance Supervisor, this position involves:
- The execution of planned maintenance activities at the Maui Production Station in Oaonui
- Liaise with other departments to ensure all maintenance activities are carried out effectively
- Collaborate with colleagues to motivate and co-ordinate workshop team to keep them on task
- Ensure that appropriate safety management practices are applied in the execution of all work undertaken
- Execute Mechanical maintenance activities in a timely manner while maintaining a high standard of quality and assurance
- Ensure that HSSE protocols are adhered to within the team
- Mentor both OMV and contractor maintenance personnel
- Procure and track materials for maintenance activities
- Coordinate, prepare and review work packs
- Maintain a tidy work environment and adhere to industry rules and regulations
- Troubleshooting mechanical malfunctions and breakdowns, as well as performing repairs
Skills & Experience
Previous experience in petrochemical plant maintenance, and a sound familiarity with hazardous areas is also preferred.
- Relevant Trade or National Certificate in Maintenance and Diagnostics
- Excellent communication skills and leadership qualities
- Previous experience in petrochemical plant maintenance (preferred)
- Experience in effectively coordinating and leading a small team on large projects.
- Excellent knowledge of HSE systems (CPTW, isolation and hazard management systems)
How to apply
Click on the APPLY link to submit your cover letter and CV or contact the New Plymouth team on 0221264039 to have a confidential chat about your career.
What do we offer?Super, insurance, allowances and more
At Atlas Professionals, we believe that diversity drives progress and aim to build an inclusive organization. We are taking steps to create an environment for everyone and foster a culture that helps us stay at the frontier of energy, marine and renewables. If you’re driven to perform, we are waiting to hear from you - irrespective of your age, religion, sexual orientation, colour, gender, ethnicity, or race - if you have the talent, you fit right in.