This vacancy is no longer available
Atlas Professionals is an international leading recruitment company. Since 1982, Atlas has played a major role in the provision of professionals to a variety of industries worldwide.
About our client:
OMV New Zealand produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy, and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. In New Zealand OMV operates the Māui and Pohokura gas fields, as well as the Maari oil field, in Taranaki and continues to invest in developing these fields to extend the field life.
- OMV offer a competitive package including; Superannuation, Medical Insurance, Transport Allowance, and 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to their success.
- Gain exposure and access to global technical expertise
- Working with diverse teams on interesting projects
About the role:
Due to progression within the current team, we are seeking a Senior Operator Technician with extensive operational experience and aptitude to work at Maui Production Station. Working within the operations function of OMV New Zealand and reporting directly to the Facility Supervisor, responsibilities include:
- Ensure safe and environmentally compliant work practices.
- Actively participate in daily meetings, permit endorsement, start of work 'toolbox' meetings and work site reviews
- Progress towards being the sole charge Control Room Operator during nights and weekends to meet production targets.
- Optimise production and manage assigned production areas .
- Maintain, review and update Operations Integrity registers and operationg procedures, ensuring accurate documentation.
- Participate in regular permit to work and isolation procedure audits, endorse permits, and manage the permit to work system.
- Write, review, and execute Isolation Procedures to enable safe access to plant and machinery.
- Be actively involved in site emergency exercises with the objective of containing situations based on the priorities of People, Assets, Environment and Production.
- Understand and monitor the function of Safety Critical Equipment (SCE's).
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a technology driven production industry is preferred
- Relevant ENCHEM qualication and/or extensive experience in hydrocarbon plant production operations is essential
- Significant experience in the Oil and Gas industry with substantial recent Control Room Operations experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and proven leadership qualities
- Understanding of Technical Integrity and HSE
- Proven and comfortable with change management and delivering results
- Demonstrated ability to understand and respond to a wide range of technical issues at a practical level
- Work alone and independently of others and have the courage and judgement to make independent decisions.
- Respect and recognise organisational values and vision
- Customer and colleague focused and identifies opportunities to provide a better service
- Concerned about work standards and strives to meet targets
- Works safely and within procedures and can demonstrate ability to lead HSE strong performance
- Has the initiative to address current opportunities or problems
How to apply:
Apply now for the role! We will be reviewing applications as they come in, conducting interviews on a rolling basis, and closing the position once we find the right candidate.
All candidates must already hold the required residency status to work in New Zealand and be able to satisfy a number of background checks.
Click on the APPLY link to submit your cover letter and CV or contact the New Plymouth team on 0221264039 to have a confidential chat about your career.
What do we offer?Super, insurance, allowances and more
At Atlas Professionals, we believe that diversity drives progress and aim to build an inclusive organization. We are taking steps to create an environment for everyone and foster a culture that helps us stay at the frontier of energy, marine and renewables. If you’re driven to perform, we are waiting to hear from you - irrespective of your age, religion, sexual orientation, colour, gender, ethnicity, or race - if you have the talent, you fit right in.