At the moment we have a vacancy for the temporary position of HSE Advisor to work in the United Kingdom and NEME region on a Wind Turbine Installation Vessel (WTIV).
As a HSE Advisor you will be responsible for providing independent, expert and professional advice and guidance to the team and it’s management team on all health, safety and environmental issues.
You will support the team in and implement high standards of proactive and continual improvement, including initiatives in behavioural safety, wellbeing and sustainability to ensure a positive impact on the team members.
It’s important to engage and develop relationships with team members to eliminate and reduce risks, develop HSE culture for the team and adherence to HSE standards and rules.
As an EHS Advisor working offshore on a jack-up vessel, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safe operation and the protection of the environment. You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) activities on the jack-up vessel, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, and promoting a culture of safety among the team.
- Safety Compliance: Ensure adherence to local and international EHS standards, regulations, and best practices, and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the specific requirements applicable to offshore wind farm operations.
- Risk Assessment: Conduct regular risk assessments and hazard identification activities to identify potential EHS hazards and implement effective control measures to minimize risks.
- Incident Investigation: Lead investigations into accidents, incidents, near misses, and other EHS-related events, ensuring that root causes are identified, and appropriate corrective actions are taken to prevent recurrence.
- Emergency Preparedness: Develop and implement emergency response plans, conduct drills, and ensure that all team members are trained in emergency procedures and equipment usage.
- Inspections and Audits: Conduct regular inspections and audits of the jack-up vessel and WT. Ensuring, compliance with EHS standards, and promptly address any identified deviations or non-conformances
- Reporting and Documentation: Prepare and submit accurate and timely EHS reports, including incident reports, inspection reports, training records, and environmental monitoring reports.
- Produce, review and update health, safety and environment related documentation required by the offshore team.
- Build strong working relationships especially with the team and the management.
- Support offshore team to ensure there is visible HSE leadership and commitment and promote an excellent HSE culture.
- Drive implementation of a sound incident (incl. near miss and observations) reporting culture with the EHS management System Enablon.
- NEBOSH Diploma / Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Occupational health and Safety Practice or working towards.
- IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management.
- Formal Accident and Incident investigations qualification
- Experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining a certifiable HSE Management System (Enablon).
- Ability to build effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels through verbal and written communication including active listening skills.
- Experience as HSE professional in Offshore Wind including good knowledge of offshore heavy lifting operations.
- Experience in behavioural safety techniques and delivering behavioural safety training would be desirable.
- Experience in conducting risk assessments, incident investigations, and developing EHS procedures.
- Be able to demonstrate a flexible, practical, and proactive approach to managing operational HSE challenges.
- To have effective organisational skills, reliable, systematic, proactive, and pragmatic approach. Able to work under pressure.
- Ability to act with sensitivity and discretion, always respecting confidentiality.
- The individual will be expected to regularly work on a Jack up Vessel which will include offshore overnight stays normally two weeks on and two weeks off.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Strong Microsoft and IT skills
- Good health, with general all-round fitness to work in an offshore environment is a requirement for the role.
- RUK Medical / GWO BST certification with HUET and CAEBS
- Driving licence.
More infoTo apply for this position, use the 'Apply for this job' button. For more information, please call or send an email to vacancy contact person.
At Atlas Professionals, we believe that diversity drives progress and aim to build an inclusive organization. We are taking steps to create an environment for everyone and foster a culture that helps us stay at the frontier of energy, marine and renewables. If you’re driven to perform, we are waiting to hear from you - irrespective of your age, religion, sexual orientation, colour, gender, ethnicity, or race - if you have the talent, you fit right in.