Atlas Professionals is specialised in Management & Quality Control. At the moment we have an opening for the temporary position of Electronics and Instrumentation Technician to work in International Waters. Interested in this temporary position? Let us know.
You will be the Electronics and Instrumentation technician during the Client's offshore missions. You have an essential role in the largest clean-up in history by driving inspections, repairs, and maintenance of the system and its components.
Prior to embarking on the vessel, you are expected to have a high-level knowledge and understanding of The Client's technology, methods, organizational structure, and procedures.
While onboard, you will work closely with our offshore operations partners, Maersk Supply Service, particularly the Project Engineer(s), and maintain a philosophy of one team in pursuit of the mission objective. Your main responsibilities:
- Perform installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of electrical and instrumentation systems onboard our vessels and on our cleanup system (System03).
- Conduct routine inspections and preventive maintenance to ensure optimal performance and safety.
- Collaborate with the onboard team and shore-based engineers to identify and implement improvements in equipment and systems.
- Write accurate and detailed technical documentation, including equipment manuals, procedures, and reports.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance and repair activities, including equipment logs and reports.
- Participate from time to time, if instructed to do so by the Project Engineer(s) or Senior Client Rep and as a second priority to main responsibilities, in non-electrical and instrumentation system related tasks. These could include but are not limited to short periods relieving the Protected Species Observers, assisting in catch sorting, and assisting in system deployment or recovery.
Personal Qualifications You have:
- A strong affinity with the goal of our organization.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- The ability to independently generate creative solutions to technical challenges.
- A critical eye for improvement
- Can-do mentality and the will to go the extra mile if the system needs to get back into the water
Professional Experience You have:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an Electrical and Instrumentation Technician in a marine or offshore environment.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and instrumentation drawings, schematics, and technical manuals
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards, regulations, and best practices.
- Proficiency in cable repair, including the ability to identify and repair damaged cables, perform overmolding (IPC/WHMA-A-620 certification is a plus)
- Basic scripting knowledge (e.g., Python, Bash) is a plus.
- Understanding of networking principles and protocols is desirable.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to create clear and concise technical documentation.
- Good spoken and written English language and general communication skills.
- Valid passport and no barriers to entry to the United States or Canada.
- Valid sea survival training (BOSIET, STCW basic training, or equivalent).
- MLC-compliant seafarer’s medical certificate or equivalent.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination
More infoTo apply for this position, use the 'Apply for this job' button. For more information, please call or send an email to vacancy contact person.
At Atlas Professionals, we believe that diversity drives progress and aim to build an inclusive organization. We are taking steps to create an environment for everyone and foster a culture that helps us stay at the frontier of energy, marine and renewables. If you’re driven to perform, we are waiting to hear from you - irrespective of your age, religion, sexual orientation, colour, gender, ethnicity, or race - if you have the talent, you fit right in.