- Conduct field operations for geophysical survey projects and perform data processing tasks both on board marine survey vessels and in the office.
- Provide geophysical technical expertise to field scientists throughout the course of projects.
- Collect, process and interpret data in one or more of the following market areas: Offshore Wind and/or O&G infrastructure projects, submarine cable/pipeline routing, civil engineering and/or environmental assessment projects.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of marine survey project work plans.
- Set-up and operate geophysical survey equipment and survey vessel.
- Perform GIS data analysis.
- Process and interpret final data sets and QA/QC results.
- Write project reports.
- Follow safety rules and practices.
- Perform routine inspection, maintenance and minor repair of marine survey equipment especially when it comes to fine tuning systems for best results.
- Perform other marine survey related duties as assigned
- Estimates Annual Salary - $65,000 - $120,000 USD
- Bachelor’s degree in Geophysics or closely related field required (Masters preferred).
- At least 5 years of applied geophysical experience in a marine survey environment.
- Experience using geophysical data acquisition systems and software including side scan sonars,subbottom profilers (chirp, sparker, air gun) and magnetometers/gradiometers. Knowledge of operation and deployment of high-resolution multi-channel systems a significant plus. Software packages which could be used include Oasis Montaj, SonarWiz, SonarPro, Discover, Geosuite, Radex Pro, Kingdom Suites, Global Mapper, QINSy etc.
- Experience in navigation and positioning software and survey line planning a plus.
- Proven track record of leadership, initiative and self-motivation, the ability to effectively follow best practices with regards to HSE, and attention to detail are all important skills to bring to the position.
- Knowledge AutoCAD or GIS.
- Knowledge of GPS and motion reference positioning systems, calibration techniques and data processing.
- Knowledge of mobilizing third party vessels from the bottom-up a plus.
- Good writing skills, including a track record preparing technical documentation and final project reports.
- Ability to safely operate a small boat or water craft.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to remain tactful and professional when managing groups with various opinions and task timelines.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent observational and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 50%+ travel to projects both within the US and overseas will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
More infoTo apply for this position, use the 'Apply for this job' button. For more information, please call or send an email to vacancy contact person.
At Atlas Professionals, we believe that diversity drives progress and aim to build an inclusive organization. We are taking steps to create an environment for everyone and foster a culture that helps us stay at the frontier of energy, marine and renewables. If you’re driven to perform, we are waiting to hear from you - irrespective of your age, religion, sexual orientation, colour, gender, ethnicity, or race - if you have the talent, you fit right in.