Atlas Professionals is looking for an offshore technician to join one of the world's largest wind turbine suppliers. In this position, you will work close to the coast of IJmuiden. After a day of troubleshooting, you just go home and sleep in your own bed. How great is that!
Our client is the largest renewable energy solutions provider in the World. They are responsible for sales, construction, and servicing of wind projects in Benelux and other European Markets. Service Sales works with multiple functions in an international environment to deliver a "profitable growth" strategy.
The Service department is responsible for service and maintenance of the wind turbines within the Netherlands. The department has an open and informal culture, where teamwork and good communication is the key to our success. You will have the opportunity to work in an exciting industry and in a team of highly motivated employees.
Responsibilities for the Offshore Technician
- Performs all service related tasks independently.
- Oversees, supports and coaches tasks of service technician(s) entry level and in training on service related tasks.
- Identify (potential) reason of malfunction onshore by checking the error-codes in Scada, checking Toolkit and VGA, and eliminating of possible reasons for the error when a turbine is down.
- Solve the issue through Scada onshore where possible, and where not possible identify material required for solving the issue offshore based on TechDoc and communicate the information and materials/tools required to the (Deputy) Supervisor in order to receive a workorder.
- Solving of the malfunction as required offshore on the turbine as indicated on the workorder, following the procedures and guidelines whilst using hand tools, hydraulic tools and electrical tools as required, in sometimes uncomfortable positions, and record the actions performed in CRM once the malfunction is solved for knowledge sharing and future reference.
Qualifications Offshore Technician
- Completed electrical or mechanical degree from a technical school/college/university
- Fluent English knowledge, Dutch is an advantage
- Ideally 5 or more years of experience in the electrical and mechanical field
- Knowledge of hydraulics, and pneumatics is a preference
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Driving license category B
Competencies Offshore Technician
- Comfortable with working at heights and offshore
- High level of safety awareness
- Reliable and team player attitude
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Interest in technic in general
- Willing and great interest in why things are as they are, you need to be interested in why a service checklist is having all the items checked, and for what reason, you should be interested in the ins and outs of all parts in a turbine.
What we offer
We offer a challenging job, an excellent learning environment, and opportunities for a career at the world's leading wind turbine manufacturer. You will become part of a highly professional environment in a growing industry. An attractive salary and benefits package is included.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.
At Atlas Professionals, we believe that diversity drives progress and aim to build an inclusive organization. We are taking steps to create an environment for everyone and foster a culture that helps us stay at the frontier of energy, marine and renewables. If you’re driven to perform, we are waiting to hear from you - irrespective of your age, religion, sexual orientation, colour, gender, ethnicity, or race - if you have the talent, you fit right in.