Job descriptionWork environment of the Control Room Operator
Our client is involved in innovative products and projects within the electrical energy world. With over 80 years of experience. They have offices in Belgium, Finland, and the United Kingdom. They supply transformer stations, charging stations for electric cars, and other energy storage systems. Our customer is a connecting factor in the electricity grid and therefore has a lot of knowledge in-house. In this position, you work together with the first-line support team.
You can do this from the office in Almere, Gent or Sliedrecht partly from home.
As a Control Room Operator you are responsible for the battery storage systems of the end users in the Netherlands, UK and Scandinavia. From the control room, you ensure that these perform optimally and you help the customers reactively. Together with your colleagues, you guarantee the quality control process for verifying and documenting the agreed performance of the installations. In addition, as a Control Room Operator, you will provide project-oriented aftercare to controllers. This allows you as a support team to minimize the downtime of the installations. Of course, in this role you are keen to ensure that company rules, safety regulations, and codes of conduct are always observed.
What do we expect from the Control Room Operator.
The department runs 24/7 and 365 days a year. What does this mean for you? You will work 40 hours per week in dayshift or evening shifts and consignment shifts for the weekend. Depending on the size of the team, you will be on standby one day during the weekend. You will of course receive compensation for this.
What are your responsibilities as a Control Room Operator:
• Provide technical support with all Incoming calls and emails from the service inbox/service number.
• Be the interface between the customer and the organization for all operational topics.
• Actively and proactively monitoring all assets.
• Perform remote troubleshooting and Alarm investigations.
• Record all alarms in the service ticket system and inform the customer for each stage of the operational state of the asset.
• Making battery systems performance analyses using our “supervision control and data acquisition systems”.
• Preparing service orders for “on call” follow up of alert.
• Keep in order all service related records using our ticketing system.
• Liaising with customers regarding specific failures.
• Meet safety and quality requirements.
• Continuously improving the performance of the battery systems on the error/gap analysis on response time and Operation Data statistics.
• According to each SLA, keep a log book of availability exclusive events. Implement all availability corrections. Prepare and share with the customer monthly the availability reports and all exclusive events/visits.
• Upon confirmation from the software specialist and permission from customer implement remote software updates.
• Occasionally, visit site for training peruses.
What are we looking for?
• A technical background (electrical background preferable).
• Strong and clear communication in the English language in words and writing.
• Demonstrable experience in a customer-oriented mentality position.
• Knowledge of Scada and/or PLC control preferable.
• Living near the Almere, Gent, or Sliedrecht offices. And willing to work there also a few days a week.
What can you expect from our client?
• Of course we offer the new employee in this sustainable sector a good employment conditions package.
• A competitive salary.
• An annual contract with a view to permanent employment.
• Participation in the Collective Labor Agreement Metalektro.
• 27 vacation days and 13 ATV days.
• Pension scheme.
• In-house academy to keep developing yourself.
• Opportunities to grow within the company in different departments.
More infoShould you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.
At Atlas Professionals, we believe that diversity drives progress and aim to build an inclusive organization. We are taking steps to create an environment for everyone and foster a culture that helps us stay at the frontier of energy, marine and renewables. If you’re driven to perform, we are waiting to hear from you - irrespective of your religion, sexual orientation, colour, gender, ethnicity, or race - if you have the talent, you fit right in.